Booking Terms and Conditions
1. Period of Hire. Letting commences at 4 p.m. on the day of arrival and terminates at 10 a.m. on the day of departure unless otherwise stated on the Booking Form. Lets are on a weekly basis, or a period agreed with us in advance. The house is let for holiday purposes only and only to the person(s) named on the signed Booking Form.
2. Booking and Payment. A firm booking is accepted following completion of a Booking Form, confirmation of availability and when cleared funds for the deposit are received. Unless otherwise stated, a deposit of 25% of the rental fee is payable when a booking is made, as stated on the Booking Form. Payment is required in GBP £ Sterling. The balance shall be payable 60 days before the commencement of the letting period. For bookings made less than 60 days in advance, full payment is required at time of booking. You are responsible for any exchante rate charges or bank charges in the processing of your payment, if applicable, and upon return of the Damage Deposit.
Acceptable methods of payment are: sterling £ cheques drawn on a UK bank account, £ cash, or bank transfer for the full sterling £ amount.
3. Cancellations. Should a cancellation be made by the client, we will seek to re-let the property for the period of hire. If we are successful in doing so a refund will be made; if not the deposit will be forfeited by the client. If cancellation occurs less than 60 days prior to hire and we are unable to re-let for the period, the full fee will be forfeited by the client. If we are able to re-let, we will offer a reasonable refund at our discretion, depending on discounted rate of re-let.
4. Unavailability of the property. The booking may be cancelled if Wyndham Villa becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the owner’s reasonable control. Examples of such reason (although these are not exhaustive) may include flooding, fire and other significant damage to the property or failure of utility services to the property. If this happens you will be fully reimbursed any sums you have paid to us but there shall be no other liability to you. We advise you to take out your own Travel Insurance.
5. Number of Persons using the property. The number of persons occupying the property must not exceed the maximum number of beds, or the Guests named on the signed Booking Form. No one other than those on the signed Booking Form may enter or sleep at the property. Subletting is strictly prohibited. If you do not occupy the property on the booked dates, you must inform us. If you leave the property unattended overnight during the agreed letting period, you must inform us in advance.
6. Complaints. Should there be any cause for complaint during or after a period of letting, please contact us immediately.
7. Breakage or Damage. We kindly ask that any items damaged should be replaced or remunerated. Please advise us and the housekeeper immediately of any breakage or damage that should occur during your stay so it can be remedied before the next guests arrive.
8. Care of Property. The client and Guests shall take reasonable and proper care of the property, its furniture, pictures, fixtures, fittings, equipment and effects in or on the property and leave them in the same clean and tidy condition and state of repair at the end of the letting period as at the beginning. Any breakages must be notified immediately to the housekeeper.
9. Pets. Strictly NO PETS are allowed inside the property or garden. If you bring an animal into the property you will forfeit your Damage Deposit and may be liable for extra deep-cleaning charges to the property.
10. No member of your party may smoke at the property. If you smoke in the house you will forfeit your Damage Deposit (see Note 15).
11. Liability. The owners shall have no liability for any death, personal injury, damage or loss of personal property, unless this results from the owner’s negligence.
12. Right of Entry. The owners reserve the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out necessary repairs or maintenance.
13. Services. Use of electricity, gas and other utilities is included in the rental tariff quoted.
14. Termination of your holiday. If you commit a serious breach of these, our Terms and Conditions, we have the right to terminate your booking and, if you are already at the property, may require you to vacate it at once. A serious breach of these Terms and Conditions may include failure to comply with rules of the house or health and safety advice or circumstances where your behaviour, or that of your guests, is likely to have a significant adverse effect upon those staying or living nearby the property. We will always try to act reasonably and will usually give a warning but if, in our reasonable judgement, you or your guests’ behaviour has made the possibility of your stay continuing untenable, you may be asked to leave immediately. No refund of the fees you have paid will be returnable to you.
15. Damage deposit. We require a refundable £250 damage deposit, payable with your final balance payment (£500 for parties of 10 or more). You must leave the property clean and in good order as you found it. You must clean and empty the barbecue and woodburner if you have used them, and put rubbish and recycling out. If extra cleaning is required you will be charged. You will be responsible for the cost of any breakages. If you smoke or bring pets into the house you will automatically forfeit your Damage Deposit. If any towels/linens are founds to be missing after your stay you will be charged a minimum of £15 per item. A claim may be made from the Damage Deposit for the cost of remedying any breach of these obligations, together with the cost of any service or goods provided to or for you and for which you have not paid. The Damage Deposit will be returned to you within 30 days of the end of the letting period unless such a claim is being made. In this case the balance after any deductions will be sent to you in due course, once the final amount owing has been established.
If you have any queries or questions regarding the Booking Terms & Conditions please contact us.